Monday, November 5, 2012

P.S. Something Happy

After last post, I went back to YouTube because I saw that Lindsey Stirling had posted a new video. I felt like after the question "Can we be feminine and feminist?" I wanted to share something I liked with you by a girl who is very feminine, talented, cute, and all without being sexual.

I first found Lindsey Stirling because David had me listening to "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO and at some point a Lindsey Stirling video popped up on the side labeled "Violinists can shuffle too." It was a cover of that song, and the thing I noticed (other than I liked it better than the original in some ways) was that there was a happy, cute girl in a skirt doing the shuffle with a violin.

Through YouTube links, I found more of her music. She does a lot of covers and violin versions of fun songs like a Phantom of the Opera medley and some computer game music, like Skyrim, Zelda, and Assassin's Creed III. She normally plays violin while dancing. It's awesome.


Spontaneous Me by Lindsey Stirling

So I just want to say, "Way to go, girl!" Makes me want to take up violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment