Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Notes

I came home today to discover this on my kitchen counter:










It basically says,
To whom it may concern:
Ames Fire Department responded to this address around 10:30 am for an audible smoke detector going off. We found no smoke or fire and gained entry.

We walked through quickly and found no problems. We attempted to silence the audible detector and change the battery, but the detector continued to go off... so here it sits for you. It is most likely in need of replacement.

We closed the home up as we found it.

If you have any questions, please call fire station #3.

Thank you.
-Firefighters Bleeker and Doyle

I found it interesting. I called David and read it to him. It actually probably corresponded to the alarms I heard earlier in the day. We have a fire station just down the street.

Also, my kitchen was a mess from breakfast, as I hadn't had time to clean before work. So I wanted to make excuses for it. And thank the firefighters for coming in for a false alarm. And maybe leave them a note as well.

So I did. I wrote them a note saying just that. And bought two packets of dark chocolate M&Ms (in lieu of buying drinks). And I bound it up with a rubberband and walked over to the fire station and gave it to a man with a nice smile who said he'd get it to them.

I'm sorry they came out for nothing. But then, I'd rather it be nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment