Thursday, April 23, 2015

Analyze This

I found another repressed fear of my dreams!

To date:
-Fear of not flying after jumping off of something and instead hitting the ground. We'll just translate this one as fear of heights.
-Fear of doing something fun when math homework is waiting at home to claim me (from high school)
-Fear of signing up for a class or having an essay and completely forgetting until it's too late to do anything about it except try to right the whole dang research paper in an hour. (from college) Oddly enough, this haunts me more in my dreams than it did in real life. I totally did a research paper in one day once. And got like an A-.
-Fear of making a breakfast sandwich and it taking forever, only to drop it on the floor and have to start over again (from Panera)
-Fear of having camera duties and jiggling the camera when we were recording. Actually, this one is new too.
-Fear of sleeping through my alarm or having to make it to an interview and it taking forever to walk there.
-Fear of trying to run and not being able to run, or like run in jelly, or not run fast enough
-Fear of trying to drive and not being able to drive well, or crashing into things
-Fear of zombies (don't ask)
-Fear of being unable to see

And now, for the one I just discovered, the fear of being lost in a cave! With bonus fear of being unable to breathe!

Actually, this is another reoccurring one, I just finally translated it. Following another cave dream. Maybe I got this one from a movie of Tom Sawyer. I'm not afraid of caves. I went spelunking once and had great fun. I'm not claustrophobic. I actually like small spaces and will be the first one to leap under a stage we set up to do something. But I am afraid of going into a tunnel, like of snow, and having it narrow to a point and being unable to move, to get my arms from my sides, or to try and wiggle back out backwards while hoping the whole thing doesn't collapse and trap you. And, apparently, I'm afraid of following a tunnel in a cave to have it dead end as your candle is going out. And the bonus points, I'm afraid of diving into a tunnel of water only to have it never resurface and your air run out. I know I had a few dreams about that.

How do I get these fears? I blame movies. Dang zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment