Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New Year's Resolutions, or lack thereof.

So nobody asked me what my New Year's Resolutions were, so I actually had to volunteer my joke to people. What, do I have no friends at all? Do you not care for my self-improvement?

I would have just answered that my life was going to change enough without me making any resolutions.

And, let's see how I did with last year's:

-Floss
I flossed more. An increase over zero is more. However, this wasn't a very large increase. They could still tell I didn't floss at the dentist. My step-brother-in-law(in-law) recommended flossing like a week in advance of the appointment, and then flossing a few days before the appointment. He says that acclimates the gums and they always compliment him on his flossing at the dentist. His wife shot him a dirty look.

-Beef up
Nope. I didn't. I didn't go downhill, but there was no noticeable gain in muscle mass.

-Find my fulfillment in God
Not enough.

-Become a stagehand
Actually got this one. I think I got like a .10 raise. It's just a title based on time employed. I haven't been there for a while cause my other job pays more and is more fun. And more consistent.

-Get curtains for my bedroom
Check. Mom was going to help me make them. Then she made them. Double-score.

-Learn Krav Maga
No, and I totally blame Aaron! I'm like, "I want to learn Krav Maga, I found a place that teaches it, I have those nights free this month, let's do it!" He's like, "Oh, we need to wait for this, and wait for this," and in the end, we didn't go. I shouldn't have waited for him, because I'm pretty sure Krav Maga is one of those things that they don't let you do while pregnant.

-Read 100 books
Just barely. There were definitely a few children's books involved and several late-year trips to the library. But hey, now that's market research, right?

This year, the plan is for all members of my family to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment