Monday, February 22, 2016

I. Am. Bored!

I'm soooo bored. It feels like I've been bored forever, which probably means only three days.

Why am I bored? I don't know. I still have computer games that still have things to do, but I'm not interested. I could catch up on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, but not really feeling it.

Are you judging? Stop. Don't judge.

I could finish the Harry Potter series for the second time, or I could borrow the second book to Starcrossed that I've been meaning to read. I could read helpful books like Sacred Marriage, Mingling of Souls, or A Writer's Journey, but I'm having a hard time getting into them.

I could write more blog posts... but honestly, this is because I'm trying to be consistent, not because I actually wanted to write it.

Yes, you're all welcome. How I slave for you, my three readers.

I think it's a combination of a few things going on.

One. The weather. I never realize how much I miss nice weather until it makes brief appearances, taunting me. It got to 50 degrees the other day.

Spring! Come to me, spring! And then swiftly bring me summer! And sunshine and swimming and jogging and biking and wine and music and heat!

Maybe you're recalling what I don't want to remember, which is the date. It's only February. Ugh. I hate winter. David doesn't even notice, I think, unless he has to shovel the driveway. He goes from climate controlled house to climate controlled car to climate controlled office and back again. I plan pretty much every day around the temperature. Is it going to be above 32? I can bike. Below 32? I can walk if I bundle. Below 10? Maybe I can still walk... 40 or above? Jogging! 50 or above? Biking for recreation! My life basically grinds to a standstill if it is below freezing. And it's almost sort of nice out, making me really yearn for the days when it is actually nice out.

And Two. Also with summer comes Genevieve. And while I understand I should enjoy these last peaceful days I'll have for the next twenty years, I'm really bad at waiting. I rather want to meet her. Although I don't want her to come early. I just want time to shift forward.

I'm doing Ginny-waiting things while I wait, like collecting children's books, finding things for my registry,  planning the nursery, prenatal yoga, signing up for a Bradley method class, and getting kicked. But some of those things have stalled, some of those things I have to wait for, and some, like picking a brand of diapers, I really don't want to have to deal with. I have a hard enough time in the chip aisle.

I'm still bored. I'm going to go, I dunno, add all the Jan Brett books to my registry or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment