Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sandwiches of Your Nightmares!

At last, my skills have been acknowledge! I am moving up in the job world! I am... in charge of paninis. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the signature hot sandwiches of Panera are in my hands. The glory! The prestige!

Actually, this job shift, while a slight relief from the monotony, is akin to some of my nightmares. Just to note, I am not alone in this sort of nightmare. I dream I am making breakfast sandwiches and can't remember what goes in them and it takes me like five minutes to make one (goal time: under three minutes) and then I drop it on the floor and have to remake it. Geez, even my dreams are stressful. So, as I am new to panini making, it takes me at least twice as long as any of the line people. And as the time continues ticking and the sandwiches just seem to be coming together so slow... Not to mention fellow co-worker Klifer asking every 10 minutes, "Are you done yet?"

My manager has actually been really cool about it taking me from 08:00 to 10:30 to make the paninis, never pestering me and only occasionally asking me where I am. "Just try everyday to beat your time from the previous day," she advised. Course, we had to introduce a new panini, which makes it slightly more painful.

Anyway, those sandwiches were my stress problem last week. I wonder if I'll keep chugging away at them this week.

Like I said, at the very least, it is something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment