Saturday, June 30, 2012

Exercise

I apologize for my lack of posting. I've been very busy. I have a job now and occasionally they schedule me for eleven hour shifts. Occasionally as in two or three times a week. Which leaves me not wanting to do anything else.

At least on the less than busy days, I have time to work on my hair or read or whatever. So it isn't so bad. Cept the busy days.

My favorite place so far is in the pit. You only have two jobs: drain the oil and change the filter. It's dirty and hot, but more satisfying. I just hope the bra I like isn't stained forever. I finally got to Wal-Mart to buy a black bra and some black tank tops to wear under my work shirts. Which I just got this week. Oh yeah, I look cool.

So I've been busy. And it's really hard to find motivation to make supper, clean house, or do anything relatively productive if you've been at work since eight and just get back at like seven-thirty. And since we've got a heat wave going on, it's hard to feel motivated to do anything that would make me continue to be hot and sweaty.

I am attempting to exercise now. The plan David and I are using is P90X. I am not really a fan of the diet, and the workouts are pretty intense, although I do have a hard time believing in any program that doesn't make my out-of-shape self suffer. Basically, P90X makes me want to collapse on the floor and cry like a baby.

My favorite routine so far is Kenpo X, as it seems very much like Tae Kwon Do. And while I hate exercise, doing exercise-like things that have a purpose is fun. Like boxing, dancing, Tae Kwon Do, sports and so on.
So Kenpo X is pretty decent. The worst one is the one with push-ups. I hate push-ups.

Otherwise, P90X seems serious and that's cool. Not a wimpy routine you pull out of a magazine or what not. I started doing it with David and his friend Shane, but because of vacations and the like, I've felt like I hadn't really followed the program, so I'm trying to restart, and this time I'm doing the lean version.

Some of the girls in the videos are solid and buff. I don't really want to be buff or really muscular, I want to look toned and fit. So lean for me.

I like the idea of working out and I like having worked out recently, but I hate actually doing it. But I really do want to be fit.

Except on the days I work eleven hours.


1 comment:

  1. "Not a wimpy routine you pull out of a magazine or what not."

    I hope you aren't belittling my exercise routine. It is FAR better than nothing and once you pass a certain age a neat and tidy magazine workout three days a week works for some of us! :)That and running and biking and....

    ReplyDelete