Sunday, February 24, 2013

Super Powers

It's always a good idea to know what super power you'd pick if you could pick one. In case God comes around handing out super powers. Or we mutate/evolve like in X-Men. Or someone makes you answer a bunch of silly questions as an icebreaker at a social event.

Don't get me wrong, I love answering personality questions. One of the best ones I heard was where you say what your favorite thing in nature is and why, what your favorite color is and why, and what your favorite animal is and why. So, my favorite thing in nature would be mountains because they are beautiful and powerful and solid. My favorite color is purple because it's soft and cool and deep and pretty. My favorite animal is (currently) a tiger because it is powerful and independent and fierce and dangerous. Now... your favorite thing in nature answer is how you view God. Your favorite color answer is how you view yourself (or want to). And your favorite animal is what you want in a significant other. Amusing, if not always accurate. I believe it's a variation on another less Youth Group version. But I didn't play that version, I played this one.

You're reading my blog, you are subject to my experiences. So there.

Anyway, as a child, I dreamed of flying. Literally. I still do, occasionally. As an adult, I dream of flying, though more figuratively. Anything from planning on going up in an airplane to day dreaming about what it would be like to soar through those cloud formations I see in the summer. So, if you want my accurate answer, I would like the power to fly. Preferably more the Rogue from X-Men type where she just soars through the air and floats over the Archangel from X-Men type with large wings. But really, I'd take either.

However, I have a second, and potentially more useful choice. Also more plausible, although the reason I'm categorizing it as a super power is because I'd want the normal superhero "above the law" protection.

I want to ability to smack people who deserve it.

No, really! I even have a list!

It needs to be a super power because I want to be able to do it without getting arrested, sued, or overall just hated.

And some people really deserve it. I'm not going to go into more personal details, but I can give you a more public example. Casey Anthony needs to be smacked. At best, a horrible mother. At worst... well, pretty awful. People that deserve something, but because of whatever law or lack of evidence or loophole or that being a complete jerk isn't illegal, they didn't get it. There I would be, administering justice with a well placed smack.

I imparted my smacking goals to my in-laws today and my mother-in-law said that even more super would be the power to smack people... and then they get it. As in, you smack them and all of a sudden they understand why they deserved to be smacked. Like a wake-up call.

My list gets exceptionally longer, as there are lots of people who need wake-up calls that I hadn't pegged for a good smackage.

But, again, this would have to be a super power, or I really wouldn't have many friends left. Oh well. With great smacks comes great responsibility. But it's a noble calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment