Saturday, March 16, 2013

Finally made it.

I had a lovely little post called "Boston, Ho!" I wrote it one night when I felt in the blogging mood, but just saved it as a draft, intending to publish it later. Well, that will have to happen when I get a computer. The Blogger app refuses to show it in the list of posts.

We finally made it. I am beginning to question some of the logic around our departure time. We had been planning to leave around noon on Friday. But Melissa was so excited the night before, she's like, "let's just leave now!" Jessica had a class the next day she didn't want to skip and Melissa started to work on her. "If we leave at night, we get the night driving done first while we're still fresh."

Well, maybe. However, I soon learned that if you leave at night, you end up being sleep deprived for the entire trip instead of just half of it.

We departed Cedar Falls around 11pm. It was estimated at a 21+ hour trip and with three drivers, that was 7 hours each. Mel set it up so that it was three and a half hours at a time with one person remaining awake with the driver co-piloting and the other in the back allowed to sleep or whatever they wanted.

It was long. I might have gotten a little crazy. But we made it. Trying to fight back sleep deprivation now.




No comments:

Post a Comment