Thursday, November 14, 2013

WildStar

I'm sure half of my viewing audience hates it when I talk about computer games. I'm looking at you, Mom.

But, there is a new one coming out and I am exCIted. (pronounced by going into falsetto on the caps)

My favorite genre is RPG, that being you have a character that you create and you level them up and get them gear and make them better while they progress through the storyline.

I love storylines. Closest I can get to a book that lets me live in it. And not those choose-your-own-adventure things where I find all the ways to die and have to reverse engineer it to find the good endings.

I died so many times in those books... I distinctly remember getting shrunk and then running on the scientist's arm and I was so small he didn't even see me when he went to scratch that itch and his fingernail cut me in half. That was pretty vivid to my nine-year-old self. In the other book I got eaten by a yeti.

But WildStar. New game coming out. It's sci-fi. There are spaceships and big weapons and weird gravity.

Here's a video telling you what WildStar is. And the part I love the most about it is that it regards itself in a very humorous light. I think there is some language in the video. Or implied language.
















But it's like a cartoon! It's funny! And it looks like a lot of fun.

Ok, so I'm a geek or gamer or nerd or whatever is the least complimentary of those terms.

I'm going to go figure out if I want my character to be a settler or a scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment