Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Further Information

Fibroadenoma. Occurring in young girls and women in their teens and 20s, fibroadenomas are more common in those who use use birth control pills before age 20. This benign tumor ranges in size from microscopic to several inches across. It is movable under the skin, round and hard like a marble, and may be diagnosed by aspiration or removal of the lump. If the fibroadenoma shrinks or doesn’t grow over time, and your doctor is sure of the diagnosis, he or she may decide to simply leave it alone.
(http://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/when-to-worry-about-breast-lumps.aspx)

This seems probably the closest to my symptoms. I am 24, but didn't start birth control until 22. Otherwise, lump seems the same as the description. Although "benign tumor" seems like an oxymoron. Maybe I have just been around too many people who have had cancer. Hopefully, this is not cancer. I like my breasts. I want to keep them.

Otherwise, website recommends a doctor's appointment for any suspicious lump. I'm going tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment