Thursday, April 24, 2014

Could you tell me on which shelf I can find a new life?

So, because I was depressed, I biked to BAM, that being "Books-A-Million," our current Borders replacement. I'd never heard of them until they replaced Borders, but other than the fact that they don't have a free loyalty program, you wouldn't know the difference.

Seriously, it's eerie. Same layout, same setup, even some of the same employees.

I was depressed because I am a lazy lout with no point in life. I was more upset when I discovered that they didn't have the Quinlan Vos Omnibus which documents my favorite Jedi in graphic novel form and I was totally planning on reading it for an hour or two...

Didn't there used to be chairs? Maybe that's one thing that's changed.

Anyway, now I'd have to spend my time doing something else. And hope if someone gets it for me for my birthday (it's on the list), they account for shipping time.

So I wandered around. I reacquainted myself with the last Song of Ice and Fire (books behind Game of Thrones) I'd read and the reasons behind why I hadn't picked up the next one. I looked at a guidebook for Turkey and tried to keep from crying. I blame hormones, I've been crying a bit. My phone has tearstains on it, it's ridiculous.

And I tried to find something to inspire me on what to do. I was kind of looking for a "Dummies Guide to Fixing Bikes" so I could learn everything about it and go work for Bike World. New current dream-plan. Bikes have to be easier than cars.

I didn't find that and was scared to ask, but I did come across other "inspiring" things.

What could I do with my time? Why, I could learn to play harmonica! They have a kit, includes book, CD, and a harmonica. In what key, I don't know. Or, I could learn hot and cold stone massage! Comes with book, CD, rocks, and a bamboo spoon for some reason. Origami? Learn to make dog treats and then sell them online? Learn how to pan gold? Learn survival skills? Travel? Learn a language?

I didn't come out with any clear answers, but I did get enough material for another blog post, which is win.

No comments:

Post a Comment