Thursday, April 3, 2014

Things to do in Ames for free?

Well?

No, that's not rhetorical. And it's not something I can answer. I'm asking you. What can you do in Ames for free?

See, I rather lost my job recently. I'm only mentioning that because it will explain why I suddenly need something to fill my free time. As soon as it gets summer out. Or 50 degrees, whatever works.

Did you know I am cursed when it comes to jobs? I considered myself smart, competent, and hard working. Past tense, I had a bad experience. But I always have a bad experience. Granted many of my jobs have been entry level, but it seems those are usually coupled with overbearing bosses, crazy bosses, micromanaging bosses, unethical bosses, and so on. And usually, all the other coworkers hate them too, so I don't think it's just me...

This wasn't about my boss this time, but the point is I'm cursed. So I'm taking it slow this time. People, when trying to encourage me, say there are lots of jobs out there, I'll find one soon... I thought I had a good one this time, so I don't want to go rushing in. We're fine.

But, what am I going to do? Last week, I did spring cleaning. Eventually, maybe I could do more cleaning, more in-depth cleaning, I don't know. But there is only so much cleaning one can do on one's own house.

I'm on the dreaded Allowance, so I can't exactly go about picking up a hobby, learning an instrument (from an instructor), planting a garden that the rabbits won't eat, etc, as I can't afford that stuff.

So, for today, I guess my free thing is the Library. Located in the convenient lot right next to Hobby Lobby, Pizza Hut, and HyVee, the library is nice and free. I've got a movie on hold right now, so I'll probably bike down there and get it and watch it for the afternoon. They also have a lot of books. I should get my butt into gear as far as reading goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment