Saturday, March 17, 2012

March heat brings...

I'm sorry I have not posted recently. Maybe just nothing interesting has happened to me. Nothing at all. Completely boring.

It's about that time I move to a fantasy land. And get back on Star Wars The Old Republic to see if I can hit fifty before my subscription expires. Oddly enough, I'm having fun again.

But anyway, the thing that I keep thinking about these days is a topic oft-discussed and somewhat taboo... it is... the weather.

I am going to claim exception here. Sometimes we can talk about the weather and it actually makes sense to talk about the weather, like in the movie Day After Tomorrow where weather practically wipes out anything about America's latitude and north. I am not talking about the weather because I have nothing else to talk about (well, maybe that too), but because the weather is really really weird.

It is March here in Iowa, (and I would assume the rest of the world), and it's been around 80 degrees during the day, or warmer, for a half a week now, fluctuating before that.

I am sitting in my living room, or computer room with a nap couch, whatever you want to call it, with all the windows open to get the breeze. At eight a.m., it's about 70 degrees. Why does this matter?

Because that's really really weird! This is Iowa! Spring isn't supposed to start until the end of April and then it is supposed to freeze at least twice afterward! The groundhog saw his shadow! I would judge the harshness of winters based on how many times I thought my eyeballs would freeze just by walking to class in the morning! This winter seemed more mild than the ones in Turkey! Some people here already have their ACs running!

Climate change or global warming or regular fluctuation? I dunno, I'm not a scientist. I'm not really sure why it is the Christian position to not believe in global warming, but coming from a very polluted city, less pollution sounds kinda cool. I'm not going to freak out about it yet.

The only thing I'm really worried about right now is that the muggy warm air outside is going to stick around and intensify and summer will be just horrid. Or maybe it will balance itself out and summer will be about 70s whole way through. I could deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment