Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ironic

In a cruel twist of fate, the last post becomes painfully ironic. On the very last day of work, David picked me up. On the way home, I found he was... stressed about something. "Rough day at work?" I asked, and he replied with the affirmitive. I got scared and tried to eliminate the worst possible option I could. "Do you still have a job?" I asked. "Sort of," he replied. Turns out a better answer would have been "not really."

His boss is probably not going to renew his contract, meaning when the end of the month comes around, David is going to be out of a job. If I had known before I left work... I might have turned around and told them to ignore my two weeks, take me back, make me full time.

David maintains that he wanted me to quit, he's glad I did, and he still wants me to follow my dreams and write... but we are in a really odd place right now with neither of us holding jobs. He has a little more work coming, but after that... either we are in trouble or we are free. There is hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment