Friday, January 20, 2012

Stupid State

As I stand in line for the Winter Jam concert, I ponder something that I ponder every year since I moved to Iowa about five years ago: why would anyone in their right minds live in this state?

Today, it is ten degrees outside. I am not outside, but still clothed in sweatshirt, hat, jacket, scarf, and these awesome things I call hobo gloves. They are those fingerless gloves with a mitten flap. Mine have thumb flaps as well, so I can still type on my smart phone and keep my hands warm at the same time.

Completely off topic, my mom is incapable of typing with her thumbs. She can do standard cell phone typing where the alphabet is in order, but cannot reorient her thinking to use a QWERTY keyboard. Isn't that weird?

But anyway, this state is obscenely cold. I am dressesed up in all this stuff because I am waiting in line... in a skywalk. Even encased in glass, I wouldn't recommended this area. I have boots (Bearpaw, not Ugg. Bought them off my mom one winter) but my toes are still going numb. What kind of place is this where my toes will go numb in boots, in kneesocks, indoors?

And then I keep hearing about global warming. When Iowa had several really cold winters in a row they caller it climate change. When it was a decent temperature through early January, they called it global warming. Now it is cold again. Is it getting warmer or is it getting colder around here? Cause it can't be both. That would be like no change in the end.

It's starting to spit snow out. I would've thought it was too cold for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment