Monday, July 15, 2013

Faith in Humanity: Gone

I got stood up again. What's eerie is how similar it was to the last situation.

Why on Earth do people call me asking to see the house and then pretend they don't exist? I didn't call them, I'm not a telemarketer, I'm not going door to door. I have an ad on Craig's List and that's it.

I've complained previously about people who say they'll call you back and don't, or say they'll come see your house and don't show up and you have to call them to even find out they were standing you up.

Well, I've found a new worse version. Twice now, someone has called me asking to see the house and I set up a preliminary time, but tell them I need to confirm it with the tenant and I'll get back to them. Within 24 hours I have spoken to the tenant, confirmed the time, and texted the person back. I even had the last person be like, "Oh yeah, texting is fine. I get free texting." After about 8 hours of silence in which I think, "Oh, they're at work. Or busy. Or haven't seen their phone." I then call them. Someone else answers. "Oh, my wife's phone, I'll take a message." "Oh, must have been my daughter. She isn't here. I'll tell her you called. Bye."

Next time I call back, nobody picks up. In the first case, I called back multiple times. They let it go to voicemail every time. I suppose you could still make excuses for them, but when I'm confirming an appointment a day in advance, the very least they could do is tell me, "No, we found somewhere else." "We're no longer interested."

Maybe they're trolling me. Maybe it's an organized "let's harass well-meaning leasing agents" event.

Maybe everyone I text not in my address book is being kidnapped by the NSA.

But no, they don't have the guts to say no, so they pretend they aren't home. Cowards. I'm rather disgusted.

First time I got mad. Real mad. I raged, I cried, I pouted.

Second time, I'm not even that surprised. Well, just a little, that it would happen again in such a similar way.

But really? Really? What is so wrong with humanity in that they make appointments, don't keep them, and won't even tell you that they have no intention of keeping them? And every new person you talk to is like, "I would never do that." And then half of them do. I will not be mad, will not hate you, and will completely understand if you don't want what I'm selling. But nothing ticks me off like people who can't do a decent human thing of actually keeping their appointments and communicating about not keeping their appointments. I keep typing because in reality I don't have the words to describe how much this bothers me.

And now it's carrying on to other things. I was playing a computer game and a person joined my group just to be like, "oh, I have to leave bye sorry!" I shrugged. Someone else asked for two minutes before joining my group and I said sure, but told the rest of the group, "Well, I guess we'll see if they actually show up and are actually what they claim to be." Crap, I'm becoming jaded.

What is wrong with people?

No comments:

Post a Comment