Saturday, July 27, 2013

RAGBRAI: Day 7

And... I am done. Today was downright chilly and we had a strong tailwind by the end of it. But I have dipped my tire in the Mississippi river and completed my first RAGBRAI. I feel accomplished. I am happy I won't have a hard mat and leaky tent. I am sad I won't be able to greet each new day from the seat of my bike with thousands of other riders or be whizzing by beautiful Iowa scenery.

It's over. I don't know if I'll be back next year. Honestly, it was some of the best conditions we could have asked for. And I don't know if I'll feel the need to do it every year. Maybe I should find something I can do with David. Something without Kybos.

We passed several little towns that were like relics of some forgotten age. I can't imagine how anyone could live in a town that small and that unchanged.

Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment