Wednesday, July 24, 2013

RAGBRAI: Day 3

It might be difficult to get to sleep tonight. The campground is arranged in such a way that the road goes past and bikers and really slow cars keep going and people talking and strange chirpy bug-rodents... chirping.

But it shouldn't be because I'm cold. Explain that in a second.

I've decided my favorite part is in the morning right after we get started and you think you have the energy to tackle the whole day and everyone is still biking together...

Today felt like a lot of stops, but we had plenty of time. My Uncle Larry biked with us briefly as well. Mom and Dad play a game where they see if they know anyone on RAGBRAI... and who knows someone first. I saw someone actually jogging RAGBRAI along the side of the road... you think I'm crazy for biking 50+ miles in a day, I think other people are crazy for running it. Anyway, as the jogger passed me (had stopped for a breakfast burrito), I thought he looked just like Adam Foley, David's hall director for BWR. I waved with a somewhat shocked expression on my face and he didn't wave back. Once back on my bike, I caught up with him. Turns out he didn't respond because he was in the zone. I guess I can understand that.

Later on, we were almost to Minburn where I was going to try and see Nikki, someone I knew from Panera. I stopped at a free banana place outside of Minburn and it turns out she was there.

The weather was great. Little headwind near the end. I'm not as perky as the first day as my legs kind of shut down whenever not in use and it takes them 10 minutes to warm back up after a break.

But I shouldn't be cold tonight because we met David in Des Moines and he drove us to Bang Bangs Mongolian Grill and brought me blankets and we had a lovely time. Miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment