Tuesday, December 18, 2012

As many options as anything else

Why why why why does there have to be multiple options for everything? There should be fact and people should be able to operate off of fact.

And I'm not talking options as potato chips options.

So I talked about how the Dog Whisperer is magic. In search of more information on my crazy hyper demon puppy, I've run into other articles saying that you can train without cruel devices like "choke collars" (which Cesar uses), you don't need to dominate the puppy because they know you are dominate: you control the food. Or, as read on a message board "Does not matter that a guy named Ceasar has a show and makes a whole lot of money training "alpha" philosophy - it is still not current with where training has evolved." Ugh, says who??? Seems like half the dog owners are asking for help and the other half think they know everything. Where has the "current state of training" evolved to? Shouldn't there be one way, the right way, proven by research? Or can we not really actually know how dogs work?

Worrying about if the techniques I'm using are the right ones has certainly messed with "calm-assertive" pose. Because Cesar can make dogs do what he wants in ten minutes and Luna doesn't do what I want. I try to stop her chewing the carpet and she tries to get back by attacking my fingers. If I'm taking her somewhere she isn't interested in going and she's hyper, it's all running and jumping and nipping and grabbing the leash.

And dang it, I'm crying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment