Thursday, December 27, 2012

More aspirations

There were a couple things I left off of last post because it was getting too long, so I thought I'd add them today. I can't leave cause of the dog (and it's really cold out and I don't have the car), and I'm not quite in the mood to continue fiction writing again. I'm kind of bored.

And what's with dogs, anyway? At like 7:15 she decides she wants out of her kennel and proceeds to whine until we let her out. Take her outside, feed her, she runs around for maybe half and hour, and then goes back to sleep under David's desk... could you have just slept until now anyway? I'm waiting for the time she'll finally sleep through the whole night. It really stinks getting up in the middle of the night to take the dog out.

As far as that goes, I can kind of see both ways now. I can imagine keeping her, although that still bothers me because of the commitment of time and money and so on. It doesn't seem logical. I could also still give her away, although I might come to miss her presence... and feel guilty about giving her away when so many people just gush over her. Really, the way I wouldn't miss her would just be a job... getting me out of the house. And I would like to do that anyway.

She's nice enough, for a dog.

But enough of that. It's only day five.

There are two more things I've been thinking about, and one is a bit of a joke. The first one is David's idea. He thinks I should write a kid's book on how not everyone is a dog person.

David is a bit of a cool guy. He takes nothing personally and is able to joke even over things that might be aimed at him... like me wanting to rehome the dog.

So yeah, kids love dogs and a lot want a puppy... this book would be more of a cautionary tale... not everyone is a dog person. Like I said in the past, I liked horses just like all the other little girls... but I never want one. I knew better. Should have known better in this case too. I'd like to rehome Luna somewhere with kids that want to play with her... that maybe we could visit from time to time. Dogs are better when other people have them. Jacuzzis too, apparently.

And the other thing is boxing. Yeah, I know, I've talked about boxing before. I even would punch up the bag at Anytime Fitness from time to time. And then the summer came around and both of us were out of a job and I wanted to go on RAGBRAI anyway, so more of my exercise time was focused on biking... so I froze my Anytime Fitness account and eventually it expired. I also live somewhere else now, and though Ames has an Anytime Fitness, I'd have to use a car to get there. But I did bike to Mom and Dad's at one point when the weather was good and use my "little" brother's punching bag. Tore up my knuckles, but it was fun. Heh, all I was mad about that I kept thinking about when punching was that I was a bum who didn't know what to do with herself.

Well, my brother gifted me said punching bag for Christmas (I think Mom and Dad wanted it out of the house too) and I want to hang it in the basement. The basement should be a good workout area for a while, as it's pretty low on the reformatting priority list. Also, we have a TV with built in DVD player and drug the living room carpet down there.

And then Mom got me an "Empower Boxing Boot Camp" set that includes weighted gloves, a weight ball, a jump rope, and a bunch of woman-based boxing-based exercises on DVD. I'm kind of excited. The only thing that really makes me want to work out is stuff that seems to have a point beyond just burning calories. Swimming is fun, rock climbing is fun, sports are fun, boxing is fun, martial arts are fun... all that stuff.

I told Nathan my goal was to be able to beat him up by next Christmas. Unlikely, but it should be fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment